Removing rear door quarter vent

Everything else.

Removing rear door quarter vent

by ehfreddie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and to EH restoration, so please excuse me if this question has been asked before. I am having difficulty trying to work out how to remove the quarter vent from the rear door of my sedan. Ant help would be appreciated.
Thanks Fred

Re: Removing rear door quarter vent

by NSWEH225M » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:52 am

Hi,

Im new at this as well, but here goes. Have you removed the window glass yet ? Im pretty sure its got to be removed first.

by brucey » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi mate.
Re: rear quarter vent window.
Remove rear door glass, I remove both inner/ outer door weather strip seals too.
Remove adjusting screw from division channel, take the nut off first then screw stud in all the way to inside
the door, lubricate it first, remove the top screw from the division channel, lower slightly then prise the upper
section of the run channel away from door frame, move lower end of division channel to one side to free the glass, then prise door weather strips off, then window glass then feed up through window slot.
I prise bailey's channel away from where it met the division channel & lower it down slightly out of the way,
push door division channel down a bit more takes a bit of fiddling, I also remove the adjusting screw @ bottom
of channel, push down & angle the quarter vent window towards the centre off door, bit off pulling/twisting
gently but it should come up, just take your time it"ll come.
Hope this helps. Bit of lube on top screw helps too.

Bruce

by brucey » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Forgot to mention Fred, need to turn window glass 90 degrees so it fits through window slot.
Bruce