EJ ute auto

Everything else.

EJ ute auto

by nitrox » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Does any one know approximately how many EJ ute auto's were produced?

Re: EJ ute auto

by EH Axiomatic » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

nitrox wrote:Does any one know approximately how many EJ ute auto's were produced?
blur1 wrote:dunno but here's one that was on ebay this week.--->

EJ2106A-47-S
Doesn't that mean at least 47 made in the Sydney Plant :D
Dogmatic Axiomatic

by hcap » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 pm

I oftened wondered if the 2106A 47 was unique to the autos or the next one rolled off was 2106m 48.... I have a photo at work for one I found 2 or so years ago I will post the number tomorrow

by nitrox » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:11 pm

EH Axiomatic, that just means it was number 47 (EJ anything model) out of that plant.

by EH Axiomatic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 am

Nitrox, I used to think that was the case as well but the numbers didn’t seem to work out that way.
I looked a bit further. Ok I thought maybe EJ’s are numbered different to EH’s but I think not.
EJ sedans and wagon were in production a good 6 months before EJ Utes and Panel vans were introduced / released. Therefore, if as you suggest the body number was sequential as they went out plant on “EJ anything model”, then this Ute’s number would be expected to be much higher than 47.
I believe the body numbers were sequential according to their body / transmission type and the chassis numbers done later down the line were in a more sequential order (anything model) as they “left” the plant. (This is why they don’t match). I will post, sometime in the future, some production numbers I have.
Dogmatic Axiomatic

by EH Axiomatic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 am

here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9481&p=71037&hilit=panelvan+adelaide#p71032

peter_ejeh wrote:The body plate is attached to the firewall, and only covers identification of the shell.

The chassis number was stamped when the vehicle was identified as a complete assembled vehicle, ready for registration.

Body shells were spot welded together and painted on the body lines made in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.

Final assembly was bolts. No spot welding or body spray painting. Only assembly was done at the assembly plants, Assembled in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. Brisbane, Perth, New Zealand. They put the body shells on the train all painted with no front subframe or mechanicals attached and that is how they travelled to the outer area assembly plants.

Panelvan bodies were only made in Adelaide.
Dogmatic Axiomatic