Determine year your of EJ/EH from glass and headlining

Everything else.

Determine year your of EJ/EH from glass and headlining

by Devon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Felicia Peach Question was asked in another group how to determine what year your EJ/EH was made... this might be of interest to some of you.

All the side windows (including quarters) have got a manufacturers etching and the word "ARMOURGLAS" at the top, there is a tiny (and I mean *TINY*) dot above one of the letters, basically it's in order of year... A=61, R=62, M=63, O=64, U=65 and us EJ/EH owner's don't really care about the rest lol.
(NOTE: My driver's door main window has been replaced and is from 1963, but all the others on my car are original 1964).
Of course there is always the element of error, as if your car was built at the start of a year for example, they may have used leftover windows from the previous year.
Another thing to look at in EH's is the hoodlining. On the B-Pillar it comes down level with the top of the doors in 1963, but in 1964 onwards they brought it down a bit further, approx 40mm below the line of the top of doors.
(I have a spare roof from a 1963 EH sedan, and there is an extra little plate welded at the top of the B-Pillar in this spot, which must have something to do with the hoodlining. My 1964 sedan does not have this).
Devon
Site Admin - admin@ejehforum.com
Site Admin

Re: Determine year your of EJ/EH from glass and headlining

by Devon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Ted Brennan Headlight rings are also year stamped but it only tells you what your car isn't. ie you could have 63 glass or headlight rings in your 65 model EH but not vice versa
Devon
Site Admin - admin@ejehforum.com
Site Admin

by Ray » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 am

EH Dash up untill very early 1964 had AC printed on the gauges.

if your dash has AC on all three gauges then there is a good change the car was from 1963

also also. the first lot of EHs had the same hole on the underside of the bonnet that was left over from the EJ bonnet shells

once the EJ shells ran out they used EH shells and the hole was gone

by 63eh » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Thought I'd go and check the gauges as in the above answer. The backs of mine have 4/63 7/63 & 5/63 stamped on the back of the gauges. No ac on them anywhere.