FRONT FLOOR UNDER SUB-FRAME

Paint, bodywork and fabrication discussion.

FRONT FLOOR UNDER SUB-FRAME

by Ray@Laidley » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:45 am

Hi everbody hope you are all avoiding the virus....does anyone know where I might source the sub frames under the front floor...both of mine have lots of rust and will take lots of time and effort to repair.
Cheers ray

Re: FRONT FLOOR UNDER SUB-FRAME

by Carpet56 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi Ray, I have dealt with a chap by the name of Ray Taylor from Bundamba Ipswich but i believe he may have passed on. His shop is called Ray Taylor Automotive and he used to make lots of repair sections for eh and everything early holden. I bought 2 repair sections for my floor and they are of good quality. Aside from them your next port of call would be rare spares.
Good luck
Glenn
There is always light at the end of the tunnel,if not turn around it's a cave.

by Ray@Laidley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 am

Hi Glen, thanks for the info. We know Ray Taylor (who has passed on), we used a lot of his panels on our last 3 projects (all FC holdens) and Rare Spares panel are not very good. There is a guy north of Brisbane who does good panels but limited. his name is Craig Vayne. email: rustaproblem@bigpond.com and web site Rust a problem.
We have had some panels from him all very good quality and promt service via austpost.
Cheers Ray

by claysummers » Sat May 16, 2020 8:38 am

Pity about Ray Taylor. Hope someone has bought his dies and stock and continues on with it.