Heater Panel

Interior discussion.

Re: Heater Panel

by Rob » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:38 am

Ive almost finished rebuilding my prem heater ... word of advice ... my heater core looked ace after i cleaned it ... i replaced seals in my valve assembly also looked mickey mouse. Was going to put it all back in but luckily had a chat to utility8 and decided given the work i put into cleaning painting rewiring etc on the heater and the floor rustproofing etc , that i would get it all pressure tested for peace of mind ... Far easier to deal with it now rather than after it was back in ... thank god i listened to utility8 and did ... both core and vavle failed on pressure test even though looked really good and appeared to have no leaks ... my advice unless your 100% sure replace the valve and core ... utility8 , s prices and advice are invaluable !!!!

cheers

by Garyt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks Rob, appreciate the advice.

Gary.

by utility8 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks Rob.
There are 2 ways to sort it out Gary.
1. I can send you up the parts required if you're OK to strip & rebuild the heater.
2. You can send your heater to me & I can do the rebuild then send it back ready to install.
Cost for the main components that will always need replacing:
Heater valve $220
Reco heater core $200 (change over)
I can usually replace any damaged components such as the plastic outlets or the electric fan resistor for minimal cost.
When I strip & rebuild the heater, the fan motor is opened up, cleaned & lubricated.
The wiring is set up correctly etc.
If you have a suitable fan switch, I also disassemble & clean it to confirm it works correctly with no resistance.
So, over & above components, I charge approximately $100 to sort it out.
I live in Melbourne Outer Eastern suburbs.
Postage for a heater is approx $35 each way.
Let me know if I can help you out.

by Garyt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi.that sounds pretty good, I will talk to my restorer about removing it and sending it to you, rather that as you know what your looking at.

How much for the special front panel I need or us it included in the restoration cost?

I will be sourcing a new switch which I hope is easy to install once you return the heater to me.

What sort of timeframe are we talking about?

Can you give me the total cost worse case.
So far I get $520 ex postage.

Thanks again for your help.

Gary

by utility8 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:02 am

To change the front panel to a Special version & fit the grey switch is what's involved in putting the heater back together. Depending what appearance you want, the replacement Special front panel may require a repaint. The ones I have are still with original paint. Faded, scratched etc. Front panel will be an extra $50. Once I get the heater, I can usually get it back to you in a week. So long as the heater you have hasn't been dicked around with, damaged or smashed up, $520 is about right.

Previous