Heater Panel

Interior discussion.

Heater Panel

by Garyt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:22 pm

HI, I am hoping someone out there can give me some much needed guidance. I am trying to determine what part is missing from my heater face panel. I know im missing the switch from the face, if your looking at the heater it has two clips one top right and one top left, it then has a 3 pin connection point in the bottom left corner which i assume is where the switch plug will connect too. I have looked at some photos but they don t look look like there is separate front panel with the switch mounted to it, which is the only thing i can presume is missing. I am pretty sure its the original special model heater box. I don't want to buy a switch and then realize im missing something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Heater Panel

by utility8 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:04 am

Below is a Premier Warmaride heater fitted to every Premier. A console was always fitted & secured to the 2 small brackets with the speed nuts & screws. The white fan switch on the console connects to the 3 pin plug.

Below is a Special Warmaride heater fitted as an option. The grey switch fits directly to the front of the heater. Less common than the Premier version.

by utility8 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Did that answer your question Garyt?

by Garyt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi, that is great thanks. so its definitely the premier model based on your pics, i don't suppose yo have a pic of what the missing panel look like? Thanks very much greatly appreciated. Gary

by utility8 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Garyt wrote:Hi, that is great thanks. so its definitely the premier model based on your pics, i don't suppose yo have a pic of what the missing panel look like? Thanks very much greatly appreciated. Gary

The missing panel would be the console if looking to use the Premier heater/console combination. Blur1 has posted a picture of this set up. You'll need to have bucket seats to fit the complete unit in.
If looking to use the Special version of the heater with the grey switch, you'll need the correct front panel & grey switch.
Converting your Premier heater to a Special heater can then be done.

by Garyt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi thanks very much to you both.

I dont suppose you can help me out with sourcing the required parts, i want to retain the bench seat as i have just had them restored

I am doing my best to keep my wagon original as possible, its almost restored and the heater box is the only item causing me some concnerns.

Ive been searching everywhere on line, swap meets etc

Thanks again Gary .

by utility8 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 pm

What you'll need is the front panel & grey fan switch to suit the Special version of the heater. I can assist with the Special front panel but you'll need to find a serviceable grey switch. I can also supply new heater valve, reco core & sort out any problems for you with the heater.

by Garyt » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi Utility8,

sorry for not getting back sooner, my laptop died and then i had to remember which forum i was in.

I really appreciate your help with this.

Is your offer still available to supply the special front panel? I will try and find the grey switch, ive seen a company that recos them on ebay and also a company thats about to start reproducing.

I think the heater core is okay, but hasnt been pressure tested ive got the car back on the road and i haven't seen any leaks so can only assume its fine. In regards to the other items you mention really not sure where to go on that.

Just let me know what i need to do to keep moving along, not sure of your location.

the guys ive used for the restoration are a bit lost when it comes to the heater box.

Thanks very much GaryT

by utility8 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Yes Gary, I can help you out. I have a Special front panel & yes, Rares are just about to release new heater fan switches. The heater core would be best to have pressure tested. A lot fail, I have reco cores. The valves will always fail, I have new replacements. Any other issues I can solve for you. I live in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Where are you at?

by Garyt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly I am in the Blue Mountains in NSW. Would you be willing to ship parts and do you have $ in mind for parts? not sure how to best do this.

Thanks Gary

Next