Aussie 4 Speed Installation

Driveline (including transmissions, differentials, tailshafts) discussion.

Aussie 4 Speed Installation

by Turbineman [old] » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Hello All

Well I am a new guy here and this is my first post. I am presently in the process of restoring a 64 EH ute and it is in the paint shop at the moment. I have purchased a Aussie 4 speed to marry up to a 179 engine. I am also organising the standard HR front end to go along with the upgrade. My question is do I need to make adjustments to the engine mounts with the HR front end or will every thing line up nicely. I have looked at several of the other posts but not really seen a definite answer on this. Would appreciate any assistance here, will get some project pictures going in the following week.

Re: Aussie 4 Speed Installation

by hcap » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi!

If the front end is straight out of a hr the engine mount positions need to be altered and the outrigger needs to be changed

by peter_ejeh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Is your EH originally manual or auto. Because manual floor is smaller you will have to modify the floor to fit the Aussie 4 speed. If it is auto floor, the 4 speed will fit easy.

by ejcowboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm

and what sort of mods 2 make it fit please....ive a manual floor in my van but ive just cut out a auto floor from a donor car

by utility8 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:20 pm

You'll need to get the box up to the suitable height then build a rear crossmember to suit. The floor will need to be cut & rebuilt as required. Getting the engine & box angle the same as it was before modifying will go a long way to ensuring you don't introduce driveline vibrations.
The auto floor & manual floor are very different. Unless you're planning to fit complete auto floor, sill to sill, grafting a section of the auto tunnel in is not much value. You may as well use a rolled section of panel steel.