Eh year model?

Everything else.

Eh year model?

by jimmylightning [old] » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 pm

I have an Eh which i have just registered and am now confused as to what year model it would be known as. The original service book has a delivery date of september 1963. But the new rego papers based on the vin say year 1963 but model 1964.

Re: Eh year model?

by MYHOLDN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 pm

I had this problem a while back as well. If you have the delivery date saying Sep 1963 and Vin denotes an early build date then you certainly have a 63 model. But for rego purposes they just call them 1964's as 95% of the EH's are. I had quite a few phone calls back and forth with QLD Transport and they simply said that they don't care. The only thing they care about is that it's an EH model Holden.

I had some pimply faced 24 year old girl (no offence to any pimply faced 24 year old girls reading haha!) tell me that there is no such thing as an EH Holden. Her computer didn't have it so it was not a real car?? You'll be fine for rego and insurance purposes.

by jimmylightning [old] » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Cheers for the reply. I remember reading once that the only way to tell the difference was the height the headlining comes down the centre pillar. And mine is in-line with the top of the doors also meaning its a 63 model.
Main reason for knowing was to order number plates with either 63 or 64 on it haha

by MYHOLDN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Yep, Pretty sure that was probably from when I asked the question quite a while ago
You stand a lot more chance of getting any combination numberplate with EH and 63 in them than you do with EH and 64 in them...so that's a bonus! haha