Nominations for improved cooling head gasket - 2nd round

Cars and items for sale.

Nominations for improved cooling head gasket - 2nd round

by Harv » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:18 am

Ladies and gents,

A little while back I made a run of 150-odd cylinder head gaskets to suit the Holden grey motor. The gaskets have a revised water flow path, and improve cooling on the grey. The background to the first run is here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11749

All 150-odd gaskets sold. Feedback from those who installed them has been positive - a noteable improvement in cooling. I've had quite a few request since then for people looking lay their hands on one of the new gaskets, and have passed on almost all the ones that I bought for my own use ::).

I own the dies to make the gaskets, which AA Gaskets (the guys who make Permaseal gaskets) store and maintain for me (nice guys). I've tried to contact Rares to see if they would like to own the dies, but with Les now absent I haven't had any response. I no longer have my emails from the technical gentleman who worked with me on the gearboxes (Lance), and can't seem to extract contact details from Rares either.

I'm thinking about getting a second run of gaskets made. Same terms and conditions as above, and probably the same pricing. Same as last time, this is a love-job for me - I don't make a red cent.

If you would like one (or more) of the new gaskets, please post here.

Rough timing for the process:
a) I'll collect expressions of interest from these forum posts until the end of October. This should give the various early Holden clubs time to meet and discuss too. We need at least 50 nominations to make the second run work.
b) For those who express an interest, you get the month of November to pony up the funds to me. Last time round I only had two guys who didn't bother paying.
c) I'll place the order, and AA Gaskets will let us know the timing.
d) When the gaskets arrive, I'll parcel them up in plywood (like last time) and send them to you. Note that it is cheaper if you combine postage with a few mates, or as a Club.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice gasket scraper).

Re: Nominations for improved cooling head gasket - 2nd round

by Harv » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:25 am

Ladies and Gents,

A gentle reminder that I would like your nominations for these gaskets by the end of October please. Nominations I have to date (please let me know if I have missed anyone):

FX/FJ forum:
Smog (2 gaskets)
Calamine Blue (4 gaskets)

FB/EK forum
Blacky (9 gaskets)
59 wagon (2 gaskets)

FE/FC forum:
Wookie 66 (1 gasket)
RET (2 gaskets)
Fraze (9 gaskets)
JohnBM (6 gaskets)
Gp (6 gaskets)
Rusty_T (3 gaskets)
Chucati (2 gaskets)
Fatboy1932 (2 gaskets)
Graham_fuller (2 gaskets)
Pbh0069 (2 gaskets)
Fe_ute (2 gaskets)
RM-special (2 gaskets)
My8thholden (2 gaskets)
Pt58 (2 gaskets)
Naith05 (3 gaskets)

Ozrodders forum
3240 (2 gaskets)
Greg N Smith (1 gasket)

Total: 66 gaskets

In early November, I’ll send out a reminder. You get the month of November to pony up the funds to me. Last time round I only had two guys who didn't bother paying. I'll place the order, and AA Gaskets will let us know the timing. When the gaskets arrive, I'll parcel them up in plywood (like last time) and send them to you. Note that it is cheaper if you combine postage with a few mates, or as a Club.

Cheers,
Harv

by Harv » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:43 am

Ladies and gents,

I now have orders for 84 gaskets, and am ready to place an order with AA gaskets.
FX/FJ forum:
Smog (2 gaskets)
Calamine Blue (4 gaskets)
Gunner Happen (2 gaskets)
FB/EK forum
Blacky (11 gaskets + 2 for 59 wagon)
VMX-MXR (5 gaskets)
Craig Allardyce (4 gaskets)
Graypower (3 gaskets)
FE/FC forum:
Fcee (1 gasket)
Wookie 66 (1 gasket)
RET (2 gaskets)
Fraze (9 gaskets)
JohnBM (6 gaskets)
Gp (6 gaskets)
Rusty_T (3 gaskets)
Chucati (2 gaskets)
Fatboy1932 (2 gaskets)
Graham_fuller (2 gaskets)
Pbh0069 (2 gaskets)
Fe_ute (2 gaskets)
RM-special (2 gaskets)
My8thholden (2 gaskets)
Pt58 (2 gaskets)
Naith05 (3 gaskets)
Black57 (2 gaskets)
Ozrodders forum
3240 (2 gaskets)
Greg N Smith (1 gasket)
Total: 84 gaskets

Delivery from AA to me will be just before Christmas. If I get time, they may go into the post pre-Christmas. It is more likely they will go into the post end-January.

Costing as follows:
Gasket cost: $41.00 each.
Plywood and tape packaging: $4.00 (same price for one gasket, or many gaskets)
Postage: $20.00 (flat rate Australia wide to make this process simple)
Total: $65.00
So if you want one gasket, you owe me $65. If you want two gaskets, you owe me $106. Three gaskets $147.00, four gaskets $188.00 etc. Slightly cheaper than last time, as we have recouped the tooling costs. Happy for people to bundle their gaskets with other people to save postage. Equally happy for you to pick them up from Greystanes, western Sydney if that suits. Just like last time, I will not make a red cent out of this exercise, nor charge for my time.

Just like last time, these gaskets come with an instruction sheet (copy of the NASCO guidance), and a warning sheet (to prevent people putting them on upside down). The gaskets come with no warranty from me, and no warranty from AA Gaskets.

Over the weekend I will send out PMs to each of you, seeking payment by 7th December. Payment will be by PayPal please (it is readily traceable, and it sends me an email warning once you have paid). For those who do not have access to PayPal, give me a yell and we will sort something out.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice gasket scraper)

by Harv » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

Ladies and gents,

A quick update.

AA Gaskets have made the order, and they will ship to me next week. By the time I get home from work, I will have just enough time to get these into the post before Christmas (probably post 21st or 22nd December). Phil – I have not forgotten to hold off posting yours until late-January.

The order is for 100 gaskets, of which 94 are sold. I’ve got 30 parcels to send out. Happy to help anyone out if they want some of the last 6 gaskets that are unspoken for.

Still need payment and a postage address from these people please:
FB/EK forum: Graypower (3 gaskets).
FE/FC forum: Rusty_T (3 gaskets) and Black57 (2 gaskets).
I’ve tried forum posting and reminder PMing, but no response. If anyone knows them, please remind them. If I don’t get a response by end January, I will sell off their gaskets (it’s $360 worth of gear that I have paid for).

Cheers,
Harv (Santa’s chief gasket scraper).